Read all directions before starting the quiz. Do not attempt to answer more than one question at a time. Do not attempt to answer question 11. Do not answer in Latin. Pig latin, however, is acceptable.
1. If Remus had won, would Rome be called Reme? (discuss briefly)
extra credit: Is Reme a ridiculous name for a city?
2. In one word or less, describe the importance of the cult of Jupiter to a castrated bull. (No mooing, please.)
3. Who the hell came up with “Peloponnesian” anyway?
4. Are you confused by:
c) the Senate
5. What is it with Romans and Elephants?
6. Compare and contrast Spartacus.
7. How often did Caesar put Gaul to the fire and/or the sword? (discuss inflammably)
8. Would Pompey marry:
a) a cross-eyed Senator
b) the she-wolf
c) a potato
9. Could this have all been avoided in the first place? Why not?